The French Tutorial project started on november, 9th 1999. I have been working hard to release new courses and new functionnalities. Here is the story...
December 25th, 2017
Responsive (new) design !!!! At last !!!!
Joyeux Noël !
May 10th, 2013
- The French Tutorial is now a charityware. No more Deluxe Edition.
- New user interface, more in line with today's standards
- Fully localized Spanish version
- Improved performances thanks to caching technologies (Smarty framework)
- Audio player included, no need to download the MP3 files before playing them.
September 9th, 2006
Spanish translation is launched with the help of 2 translators.
January 1st, 2005
Official starting date of "The French Tutorial" as a company.
November 5th, 2004
Printable Edition: the French Tutorial is now available as a PDF file.
July 17th, 2004
Members can now find a teammate in 3 clicks. This service is free of charge and only requires registration.
June 2nd, 2004
The Exams section, restricted to Donors at first, provides users with on-line questionaires. Scores are tracked in the user's scorecard.
March 8th, 2004
Members can send now exchange private messages.
February 2nd, 2004
A new section in the tutorial: "I visited France" is a collection of essays written by visitors when they visited France! Update: now closed. Members may now upload their pictures on the Facebook page.
August 30th, 2003
Whaoh! One year and a half since the previous update! What's so new?
- 3 different Editions are now available
- Standard Edition
- Personal Edition (EDIT: doesn't exist anymore.)
- Deluxe Edition (EDIT: doesn't exist anymore. Content has been included in the Standard Edition)
- Frequently reported typos are now fixed.
- New pages
- New web design.
- New graphics
- Navigation whithin chapters is easier thanks to the left hand side table of contents
- On-line donations using Paypal.
- Brand new Apache/PHP/MySQL backend
- Installer for Microsoft Windows™ users was redesigned using NSIS
- New course compilator to add new features
January 7th, 2002
- New chapter: the comparative
- New installer for Microsoft Windows™ users
- Vocabulary: information technology, Euro
- Fixes + more audio files
September 24th, 2001
- New chapter: le passé composé (perfect)
- New layout and a new mascot called Ciffeil (the Eiffel Tower logo)
- 100 new audio files!
January 21st, 2001
- New chapter: interrogative form
October 21st, 2000
- New chapter: possessive form
- New Appendix: conjugation
- Changed the HTML pages charset to iso-8859-1 for French accents: éèêà...
- Prononciation: [é]
- We bought frenchtutorial.com to celebrate the first anniversary
August 7th, 2000
- New Chapter: Negative and interrogative phrases!
July 18th, 2000
- New Chapter: Prononciation!
- Vocabulary: French education system
- Broken images bug fixed
June 30th, 2000
- New User Interface
- Our Perl script has been totaly rewritten in order to save time.
May 14th, 2000
- Added: some examples concerning the "futur"
- Conjugaison: le futur (3rd group verbs)
- Vocabulary: weather
March 30th, 2000
- Congugaison: le futur (to be continued)
- Vocabulary: pets!
February 14th, 2000
- Grammar: le, la, les, un, une, des
- Vocabulary: how to apologize
- Vocabulary: at home
- Some links added
January 10th, 2000
- Basics: how to build a sentence
- Vocabulary: family, introducing people, happy new year!
- Bug fixes
December 12th, 1999
- Date and time
- Complete 2nd group verbs list
- More audio files
November 9th, 1999
- Qualifying adjectives