The French Tutorial project started on november, 9th 1999. I have been working hard to release new courses and new functionnalities. Here is the story...
May 16th, 2020
We moved our servers.
December 25th, 2017
Responsive (new) design !!!! At last !!!!
Joyeux Noël !
May 10th, 2013
- The French Tutorial is now a charityware. No more Deluxe Edition.
- New user interface, more in line with today's standards
- Fully localized Spanish version
- Improved performances thanks to caching technologies (Smarty framework)
- Audio player included, no need to download the MP3 files before playing them.
September 9th, 2006
Spanish translation is launched with the help of 2 translators.
January 1st, 2005
Official starting date of "The French Tutorial" as a company.
November 5th, 2004
Printable Edition: the French Tutorial is now available as a PDF file.
July 17th, 2004
Members can now find a teammate in 3 clicks. This service is free of charge and only requires registration.
June 2nd, 2004
The Exams section, restricted to Donors at first, provides users with on-line questionaires. Scores are tracked in the user's scorecard.
March 8th, 2004
Members can send now exchange private messages.
February 2nd, 2004
A new section in the tutorial: "I visited France" is a collection of essays written by visitors when they visited France! Update: now closed. Members may now upload their pictures on the Facebook page.
August 30th, 2003
Whaoh! One year and a half since the previous update! What's so new?
- 3 different Editions are now available
- Standard Edition
- Personal Edition (EDIT: doesn't exist anymore.)
- Deluxe Edition (EDIT: doesn't exist anymore. Content has been included in the Standard Edition)
- Frequently reported typos are now fixed.
- New pages
- New web design.
- New graphics
- Navigation whithin chapters is easier thanks to the left hand side table of contents
- On-line donations using Paypal.
- Brand new Apache/PHP/MySQL backend
- Installer for Microsoft Windows™ users was redesigned using NSIS
- New course compilator to add new features
January 7th, 2002
- New chapter: the comparative
- New installer for Microsoft Windows™ users
- Vocabulary: information technology, Euro
- Fixes + more audio files
September 24th, 2001
- New chapter: le passé composé (perfect)
- New layout and a new mascot called Ciffeil (the Eiffel Tower logo)
- 100 new audio files!
January 21st, 2001
- New chapter: interrogative form
October 21st, 2000
- New chapter: possessive form
- New Appendix: conjugation
- Changed the HTML pages charset to iso-8859-1 for French accents: éèêà...
- Prononciation: [é]
- We bought frenchtutorial.com to celebrate the first anniversary
August 7th, 2000
- New Chapter: Negative and interrogative phrases!
July 18th, 2000
- New Chapter: Prononciation!
- Vocabulary: French education system
- Broken images bug fixed
June 30th, 2000
- New User Interface
- Our Perl script has been totaly rewritten in order to save time.
May 14th, 2000
- Added: some examples concerning the "futur"
- Conjugaison: le futur (3rd group verbs)
- Vocabulary: weather
March 30th, 2000
- Congugaison: le futur (to be continued)
- Vocabulary: pets!
February 14th, 2000
- Grammar: le, la, les, un, une, des
- Vocabulary: how to apologize
- Vocabulary: at home
- Some links added
January 10th, 2000
- Basics: how to build a sentence
- Vocabulary: family, introducing people, happy new year!
- Bug fixes
December 12th, 1999
- Date and time
- Complete 2nd group verbs list
- More audio files
November 9th, 1999
- Qualifying adjectives