The French Tutorial project started on november, 9th 1999. I have been working hard to release new courses and new functionnalities. Here is the story...
Forum and registrations now closed following numerous junk messages.
I will now exclusively focus on upgrading the website to make it responsive and to improve the courseware which will always be accessible for free to everyone on the planet.
- The French Tutorial is now a donationware. No more Deluxe Edition.
- New user interface, more in line with today's standards
- Fully localized Spanish version
- Improved performances thanks to caching technologies (Smarty framework)
- Audio player included, no need to download the MP3 files before playing them.
Spanish translation is launched with the help of 2 translators.
Official starting date of "The French Tutorial" as a company.
Printable Edition: the French Tutorial is now available as a PDF file.
Members can now find a teammate in 3 clicks. This service is free of charge and only requires registration.
The Exams section, restricted to Donors at first, provides users with on-line questionaires. Scores are tracked in the user's scorecard.
Members can send now exchange private messages.
A new section in the tutorial: "I visited France" is a collection of essays written by visitors when they visited France! Update: now closed. Members may now upload their pictures on the Facebook page.
Whaoh! One year and a half since the previous update! What's so new?
- 3 different Editions are now available (read this for more):
- Standard Edition
- Personal Edition
- Deluxe Edition (updated: doesn't exist anymore. Content has been included in the Standard Edition)
- Frequently reported typos are now fixed.
- New pages
- New web design.
- New graphics
- Navigation whithin chapters is easier thanks to the left hand side table of contents
- On-line donations (using Paypal)
- Brand new Apache/PHP/MySQL backend
- Installer for Microsoft Windows™ users was redesigned using NSIS
- New course compilator to add new features
- New chapter: the comparative
- New installer for Microsoft Windows™ users
- Vocabulary: information technology, Euro
- Fixes + more audio files
- New chapter: le passé composé (perfect)
- New layout and a new mascot called Ciffeil (the Eiffel Tower logo)
- 100 new audio files!
- New chapter: interrogative form
- New chapter: possessive form
- New Appendix: conjugation
- Changed the HTML pages charset to iso-8859-1 for French accents: éèêà...
- Prononciation: [é]
- We bought frenchtutorial.com to celebrate the first anniversary
- New Chapter: Negative and interrogative phrases!
- New Chapter: Prononciation!
- Vocabulary: French education system
- Broken images bug fixed
- New User Interface
- Our Perl script has been totaly rewritten in order to save time.
- Added: some examples concerning the "futur"
- Conjugaison: le futur (3rd group verbs)
- Vocabulary: weather
- Congugaison: le futur (to be continued)
- Vocabulary: pets!
- Grammar: le, la, les, un, une, des
- Vocabulary: how to apologize
- Vocabulary: at home
- Some links added
- Basics: how to build a sentence
- Vocabulary: family, introducing people, happy new year!
- Bug fixes
- Date and time
- Complete 2nd group verbs list
- More audio files
- Qualifying adjectives